Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Dan
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2011 9:08:10 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guest

Hi,

I am having a couple of teething difficulties that I am sure must be due to my inexperience with this.

Basically, I started using the free version in anger today and quickly found that not having the intellisense was going to be a big problem (using a lot of Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo).

So I purchased the full version, activated it and still cannot get intellisense for these objects!! I have restarted the IDE and also the warnings have disappeared that say I am using the limited version so I am fairly sure the installation and activation has worked fine.

Also, I cannot seem to do a search and replace - I do a CTRL-H, put in my search and replace text and then when I try to find next, I get told by the IDE that there is no text in the document. I am 100% sure I am not simply typing in error as I have copied/pasted the text I want to replace to the dialogue.

What is going on? I must be doing something wrong as full Intellisense is said to be enabled and something as simple as replace should work without thinking.

Thanks
Dan

Edited by user Friday, April 15, 2011 5:35:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

tangible|Björn
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2011 10:32:06 PM(UTC)
tangible|Björn

Groups: Administration
Man
Germany

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
The T4 editor uses it's own editor control, so you can only use the command bindings defined for that not the ones available for the default VisualStudio Text Editor.
Use CTRL-F instead of CTRL-H to get the Search and Replace dialog of the T4 editor.

The issue with “Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo” is that the file is not in the GAC under that name or not at all and thus cannot be found by name.
You need to either put it in the GAC or reference it with full path:
Code:

<#@ assembly name="C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\SDK\Assemblies\Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo.dll" #>

#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2011 3:32:33 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guest

Thanks for the response! I had not realised it was a different editor.

Also, I was confused by the sql smo issue as the compilation worked fine and the template gave the correct output, indicating that some element of resolution was in fact working even though a full path was not specified - as such I had not even considered the possibility that the assembly directive was incorrect :)

Many thanks also to Tim for responding to these issues by email - looking forward to the VS IDE integration!

Cheers
Dan
tangible|Tim
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2011 12:36:06 AM(UTC)
tangible|Tim

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Excellent...greetings Tim.