Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

#1 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2009 12:36:08 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guest

First of all, nice job on the product. I do extensive T4 templating work and I just found some time to try it out (being a Clarius user got me by). However, I found a conflict with how T4 Editor works vs. how I choose to create my templates...

I use an extension of ".generated.cs" for my templated C# files to differentiate them from standard C# files (pretty common approach by Sych, Hanselman, etc.), but setting the output extension to that causes T4 Editor to stop color-coding the static code in my templates.

Color-codes static text:
<#@ output extension="cs" #>
or
<#@ output extension=".cs" #>

Doesn't color-code static text:
<#@ output extension="generated.cs" #>
or
<#@ output extension=".generated.cs" #>

The color-code change is immediate so I'm sure T4 Editor is regularly comparing the value to a known set and changing color-coding behavior on-the-fly accordingly.

Is there a way to tell T4 Editor that this extension is still a C# file? VS has no problem recognizing it as such. If that is not configurable, can the product be enhanced to just look for the last part of the extension to determine when it should enable functionality?

Thanks.
tangible
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 24, 2009 4:17:28 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guest

Good point. Indeed you are right we should look at the last .cs only. For the moment you need to switch to ".cs" but we will change this in a coming release. Thank you for sharing your feedback