Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

b
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 6:43:22 AM(UTC)
b

Groups: Member

TORONTO — The Toronto Maple Leafs play nine of their next 11 games at home Authentic Shea Weber Jersey , but for now their coach, Mike Babcock, has eyes only on the first one at Scotiabank Arena, Thursday night against the Florida Panthers.“I don’t worry as much about the stretch as I worry about tomorrow,” Babcock said at practice Wednesday. “Florida beat us the other night, we weren’t prepared at the start and they outplayed us, and then we were able to get the game back even in the third period.“We would like to start on time, like we did (Tuesday) night (at New Jersey). We know we’re playing a real good team. (Aleksander) Barkov ran our show last game. Dominated us, basically. We have to look after that.”Article continues below ...The Panthers (13-13-6) defeated the Maple Leafs in Florida on Saturday 4-3 in overtime with Barkov scoring three goals, including the winner.The Maple Leafs (22-10-2) completed their five-game trip Tuesday night with a 2-2-1 record after a 7-2 victory over the New Jersey Devils.The Panthers, meanwhile, used the victory over the Maple Leafs as a springboard and defeated the Sabres in Buffalo 5-2 on Tuesday with four third-period goals.“We’ve been in that situation so many times this year — one-goal games, trailing and coming back, letting a game fall again,” Panthers coach Bob Boughner said. “It was important that. … I think we’re learning from our mistakes, to be honest with you. If I had to say one thing, I think we’re getting more mature in those situations.”Playing for an extended period at home might not be such as big advantage for the Maple Leafs as it might be for some other teams. The Maple Leafs have the best road record in the NHL at 13-5-1.“I just think we have good team depth, so if we play right we give ourselves an opportunity on most nights so we feel fortunate about that,” Babcock said.The Leafs are 9-5-1 at home.The Maple Leafs have been getting excellent play all season from defenseman Morgan Rielly Victor Mete Jersey , and he was strong in New Jersey again. He made a big defensive play on a Devils two-on-one to set up a Maple Leafs three-on-one on the counter attack that resulted in the first goal of the game.Rielly also scored his 11th goal of the season in the final second of the second period.“I knew it was getting down to it, so I just tried to get it on net,” Rielly said. “The fact that it went in before the end of the period was a little lucky. A nice break, I guess.”“Well, he’s got way better,” Babcock said. “His stick and his feet in the D-zone and defensive awareness have become way better. I think getting Ron Hainsey has really helped him that way. Obviously, he’s got good growth, we all knew he was good offensively, but the defensive part it’s been a huge difference. He’s doing a good job, he’s a good player. He skates really well which would be his greatest asset, he’s competitive and has lots of energy.”The Panthers, who are 6-8-2 on the road, defeated two of the better teams in the NHL in their past two games to get their record to .500.“We’ve been talking all year about being composed and protecting leads, and I think that’s probably the best we’ve done all year,” Boughner said. “It was good puck decision and puck management. I thought that we played hard D, and we never stopped going at ’em, which was important. (The Sabres) do come out hard in this building. We knew that. I think they’ve only lost three games here all year. They’re a good hockey team over there. This was a big road win for us.” ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — The Anaheim Ducks stumbled through the past five weeks with just three wins. Their lineup has been decimated by injuries, and they’ve fallen short in close games with a dismaying regularity.When they held off the Vancouver Canucks on Wednesday night by showing all the late-game poise they’ve lacked Colton Sissons Jersey , the Ducks found themselves in third place in the Pacific Division in spite of it all.Ryan Getzlaf had a goal and an assist, John Gibson made 25 saves for his 100th career victory and the Ducks snapped a three-game losing streak with a 4-3 win over the skidding Canucks.Ondrej Kase, Adam Henrique and Kalle Kossila also scored for the Ducks, who had lost 12 of 15 since the last time they scored four goals in a game back on Oct. 17.Even while Anaheim has struggled through these injury-plagued five weeks, the Ducks have still collected enough overtime points to stay in the Pacific race. This win pushed them past Vancouver and into third place, a mere four points off the lead.It’s only November, but the standings matter to the Ducks, who are thrilled to be keeping pace.“When you get in tough times, it’s nice to look and understand that it’s a long season and there is time to turn it around,” said Getzlaf, who is Anaheim’s leading scorer despite missing six games with injuries. “Luckily enough, our division hasn’t pulled away from us at the start of the year here. So we’re getting points. We’re scrapping and clawing, and we just keep going.”Kase scored on a pass by defenseman Josh Mahura, who earned his first NHL point in his second game.The Ducks are playing without injured defensemen Hampus Lindholm and Cam Fowler, forcing them to use four rookie blueliners — including Mahura — who have all played in fewer than 50 career games. Anaheim hadn’t used four rookie defensemen in the same game since the 1994-95 season, but coach Randy Carlyle must improvise in the absence of his two team leaders in minutes played.“We’ve got to stick together in here,” said Henrique, who scored early in the third period. “Some teams fall apart in the dressing room, and we’re sticking together. We’ve just kept working on things Adam Henrique Jersey , and everything has gotten better.”Bo Horvat, Derrick Pouliot and Jake Virtanen scored in the Canucks’ seventh consecutive loss.“I don’t know what the number is right now, but it (stinks),” Pouliot said. “We are trying to come to work every night. Something has got to give. Eventually we’re going to break through.”Pouliot scored early in the second period on a slick cross-ice pass from Sam Gagner, who got his first point since returning to the Canucks. After scoring 31 points for Vancouver last season, Gagner was waived Oct. 1 and eventually sent to the AHL, only to be recalled last weekend when injuries drastically thinned the Canucks’ forward lines.Jacob Markstrom stopped 32 shots as Vancouver failed to rally from a late two-goal deficit and remained winless since Nov. 8 despite pushing aggressively for a tying goal in the final minutes.“It didn’t feel like the last game, that’s for sure,” Canucks coach Travis Green said of a 6-3 home loss to Winnipeg on Monday. “I liked our push at the end. It was a close game. We’ve got to find a way. We’re making a couple of little mistakes that are costing us, and we’ve got to clean that up.”Kossila put the Ducks up 4-2 midway through the third period when he converted a pass in the slot from Brian Gibbons for his first goal of the season and second of his NHL career. Gibbons’ assist was his first point in 17 games with Anaheim.Horvat scored his 11th goal on a deflection with 4:44 left to keep Vancouver in it.NOTES: Anaheim has won three straight home games against Vancouver, matching its franchise record in the rivalry. … The Canucks are without five injured regulars, including star Brock Boeser, who missed his ninth straight game with a groin injury. … Lindholm missed his second consecutive game with a lower-body injury. Fowler is out indefinitely with broken bones in his face after getting hit by a puck. … Gibson became the fourth goalie to win 100 games with the Ducks, joining Jean-Sebastien Giguere (206), Guy Hebert (173) and Jonas Hiller (162).UP NEXTDucks: Host Edmonton on Friday.Canucks: At San Jose on Friday.