Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

jmarsch
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2016 9:59:58 PM(UTC)
jmarsch

Groups: Member
United States

Hi:

I just downloaded and installed Tangible T4 on Visual Studio 2015, Update1. After installing, and restarting Visual Studio, I opened up my project, which has some existing tt and ttinclude files. There is no syntax highlighting, and none of the Tangible enhancements seem to be running.

I do see a tangible T4 menu item in Visual studio, and I tried creating a new T4 file using "Add New Item". I found the Tangible t4 template, and created a new, blank T4 file. no syntax highlighting there either.

Is there something more that I need to do to enable Tangible? It doesn't seem to recognize that this is a T4 file.
tangible|Björn
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2016 12:26:37 PM(UTC)
tangible|Björn

Groups: Administration
Man
Germany

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
We are not aware of any problems with t4 editor 2.2.5 on VS2015 Update 1.

Make sure that you don't have any other extensions installed that register in the editor for .tt file. This would prevent our editor extension from becoming active.
Also check that the custom tool og the tt file (in the VS proprties window) is set to TextTemplatingFileGenerator.
Pfhoenix
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 18, 2017 3:45:28 PM(UTC)
Pfhoenix

United States

I am having this problem also. I'm running VS2015 Update 3 without admin privileges (due to work policy). When I open up a T4 file, I see only the basic highlighting (entries in Fonts and Colors for Text Template), no code highlighting according to my C# settings. I also get no intellisense.

What needs to be done for your plugin to work? I've verified that it's installed and active, and that it is the only tool associated with T4 files, and that my T4 custom tool is set to TextTemplatingFileGenerator.
KenT
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 27, 2017 5:39:46 AM(UTC)
KenT

United States

I'm also having this problem. Installed it, opened an existing .tt file and nothing to show. How do I make the editor kick in?
Soulfiremage
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2017 7:40:02 PM(UTC)
Soulfiremage

United Kingdom

I've got precisely the same problem!!!

It's driving me nuts. I had to uninstall to try and fix a completely different issue with DataAnnotations, now I can't use the thing.

:( Unhappy.