Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

#1 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2012 12:34:09 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guest

Hi, Don Gunter here.
I've the pro version, and am having an issue with a variable in a generated template.
I'm using the gallery to generate a class from a class diagram/template pair.
It does the same thing in the normal template as the complex. different line numbers.
The class and variable name that is null is project.Name and it gives me:

Error 1782 Running transformation: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextTemplating24BC41E7CAC6737E1F10D86C3C79ED45.GeneratedTextTransformation.GenerateNamespace() in c:\V6.7.R20120101\DotNet\Core\CoreLibrary\TEstTemplate1.tt:line 291
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextTemplating24BC41E7CAC6737E1F10D86C3C79ED45.GeneratedTextTransformation.TransformText() in c:\V6.7.R20120101\DotNet\Core\CoreLibrary\TEstTemplate1.tt:line 39
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextTemplating.TransformationRunner.RunTransformation(TemplateProcessingSession session, String source, ITextTemplatingEngineHost host, String& result) 1

I thought the problem might be that I use a hyphen in the name of my project.
I changed it, and still no go.

recently, i updated, but as I have never used this feature, I can't determine if it worked previous to the upgrade.

I have already downloaded updates to the code gallery.

I did not review the tutorial, but as my use case diagram => template => class worked...I was wondering about any differences in generating a class from a class diagram using the gallery.

Any Ideas?
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2012 12:44:02 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guest

whoops, I forgot to add that the solution's pojects are in sub folders...it may not be able to find the project file?
tangible|Björn
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 18, 2012 10:50:28 PM(UTC)
tangible|Björn

Groups: Administration
Man
Germany

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Sorry for late answer. Actually it is hard to see. Any change you clould send us the template and sample diagram?

I think most proably you need to repleace the variable %filename% in the template with the path and filename to your model