Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

#1 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 12:30:06 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guest

Hi,

I'm using XAF from DevExpress which has just released the beta of a new edition which includes statemachine functionality. However this without a designer.
Here is a blog post describing it: http://community.devexpr...module-introduction.aspx (link).

Would it be possible to create a code generator using the T4 editor (pro would be OK) and what would you expect the learning curve of the T4 modelling language to be?
I found a lot of examples on this site but I must admit that it only left the feeling that some basic knowledge is assumed to which I do not have.

regards,
Martin

Edited by user Saturday, May 28, 2011 12:45:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

tangible|Björn
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2011 12:34:39 PM(UTC)
tangible|Björn

Groups: Administration
Man
Germany

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hi,

yes this is absolutely possible with the PRO Edition. What you would do is to get the PRO Edition and Activate it. Then you open up an empty .tt file and right click the editor pane to get the context menu.
There you find a "Insert Code from Gallery". There is a button that says download all templates. That will download all templates written by us and the community. There is one for Statemachines ".tastate->.cs".

This one can then easily adopted.

You can look at the template also in the free edition but you cannot run it there.

Thanks

Tim
#3 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 3:13:56 PM(UTC)

Ok, I bought the pro edition and have some questions:
- I was under the impression that there was some form of intellisense (giving me suggestions while I type). The editor only shows a popup when I position the mouse above an already completely entered command. I was hoping for 'GetDe' would suggest GetDefaultState etc.). Currently this only happens after '<#@'. Was I hoping for to much? In which case I was wondering where to find a list/help file detailing all possible commands?

- When trying to connect a comment to a State (or start-/EndPoint) using a commentconnector the positioning of the end of the connector has to be so precise (next to the State) that it is next to unusable. Would you consider the same behavior as when connecting states?

regards,
Martin
#4 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2011 10:56:05 PM(UTC)

Guest wrote:

- When trying to connect a comment to a State (or start-/EndPoint) using a commentconnector the positioning of the end of the connector has to be so precise (next to the State) that it is next to unusable. Would you consider the same behavior as when connecting states?

regards,
Martin

This was in VS 2010, it works as expected in VS2008.
Regards
Martin
tangible
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2011 3:43:49 PM(UTC)

Hi,

regarding Intellisense, you get it when you type GetD<CTRL+SPACE>

I will check the other issue you reported. Also i understand you would like more documentation about the object model of the statediagram itself.

I will let the team know. T

Thanks

Tim